Reporting Issues to Dorchester County

The Archdale Civic Association does not have enforcement power for neighborhood covenants and restrictions. While the ACA can assist in elevating neighborhood concerns, the ACA encourages individual residents to report issues directly to the county. Below are Dorchester County agency contacts, and some FAQs related to reporting and response.

Dorchester County Contacts

Sec. 28-2. – Unreasonably loud noise prohibited.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to create or allow to continue any unreasonably loud or disturbing, noise within the county. Noise of such a character, intensity or duration as to be detrimental to the life or health of any individual, or of physical discomfort to a person of ordinary sensibilities, or disturbing of the public peace and welfare is strictly prohibited.

(b) The term “person” shall extend and be applied to and shall include associations, businesses, clubs, societies, firms, partnerships, and corporations, as well as to individuals.

(c) Any person found to be in violation of this section shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor.

(Ord. No. 90-16, 4-2-1990)

To report a noise violation, contact the Dorchester County Sheriff’s Office (843) 832-0300


Who is reponsible for the storm drains and drainage ditches?

  • Dorchester County maintains ditches and storm drain systems that have flow issues. Sawpit Creek is under the jurisdiction of the Army Corp of Engineers.
  • Maintenance of ditches for aesthetics and/or trash is the responsibility of the neighborhood.

How do I handle neighbors who are not maintaining their property (uncut grass, abandoned vehicles, etc.)?

  • Report concerns to Code Enforcement. Contact information above.

How do I report potholes?

  • Phone in your report to the Public Works front desk so a work order can be generated.

How do I report issues with traffic control signs (stop, yield, etc)?

  • Phone in your report to the Public Works front desk so a work order can be generated. Report the sign needed and the intersection.

How are our street signs produced?

  • Public Works makes their own signs, but not in mass quantities. Archdale can provide their own poles and signs and Public Works would attach their traffic control signs as needed. For example, Kings Grant replaced all their signs recently.

How are stop bars managed/maintained?

  • The County only replaces stop bars at main intersections and they will repaint speed humps.

How are speed humps managed/maintained?

  • There is a new County ordinance that puts all the costs of speed humps onto the entity that requests them. Dorchester County Council gave the new ordinance a third and final reading on May 3, 2021.